Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Day 13, May 16, 2015, Serenity Crossing – Half Day at Sea and Docking in Lisbon – Part 2

Here are a few pictures as we sailed into the port:

The Columbus status from the ship:

After we got back on the ship, we did our packing and got everything ready.  We then went to the Crystal Cove for drinks before dinner.  Our dinner at Prego was set for 6:30.  We were greeted by Slavko (we have known him since our first cruise on the Symphony in 2009) and were ushered to a nice table by the wall.  

There were about 10 people in the room dining.   For appetizer, Julie had the Slow-Poached Lobster Tail with cauliflower, garden leafs and basil oil vinaigrette.

Bob had the Parma Ham, Sopressata and Grana – thin slices of prosciutto, salami,  and chunks of parmesan cheese with olives.

For the second course, Julie had Prego’s Signature Cream Soup of Selected Italian Mushrooms served in an oregano bread cup.

While Bob had the Seasonal Arugula Salad sprinkled with pine nuts and grana padano shavings.

Julie’s entrée continued with the Prego Classic Lasagna alla Casalinga – layers of fresh pasta with ground meat, porcini mushrooms, tomato, béchamel and mozzarella cheese.  Julie thought that it was terrific as always, but extremely filling as always.  As our last meal on the ship, it was wonderful.

Bob decided to have two half orders of traditional spaghetti pasta, one with spicy (and it was) arrabbiata sauce and the other a traditional meat sauce.  They were excellent, but Bob loved the spicy sauce.  It is amazing what some red peppers can do (and also being away from spicy food for two weeks, it seemed really spicy).

For dessert, we both had some Limoncello to drink.  Julie had the same thing she had last time, the strawberry sorbet with prosecco floated on top.  Except this time there was a touch too much prosecco and that actually hurt the dish.

Bob had an ice cream dessert that he doesn’t remember what it had in it.  Here is the picture.

After dinner, we decided that we would just go to bed.  First we wandered the ship and took some pictures:

The strings quartet for one last time:

We had to get up at 1:15 (yes, 1:15 am) in order to make the flight, so we hoped to get a few hours of sleep in before our day of madness would begin.  Note to self – try not to ruin a vacation with a plane that leaves at 5am…. 

For steps we did roughly 16K and about 8 miles (Bob’s data is stored in the Apple health app and he hasn’t figured a way to just look at an individual day, he can only look at the weekly graph – given that we are writing this after we arrived in SLC).

No comments:

Post a Comment