Day 18 – At Sea – Mon, Mar 5, 2018
The weather is absolutely beautiful this morning, pleasant, warm and the water is a striking color of blue. We started the morning with an hour long walk on deck. Julie follow it up with a short workout on the outdoor exercise machine on the ship’s aft.
|Now that is BLUE!!!|
We love sea days on Crystal, and typically look for itineraries with lots of sea days (we’ve been on 3 transatlantic crossings and loved each one). The sea days are packed with activities. Today the major lectures/activities are:
· “The Soul of Soldiering” by Major General Arthur Denaro (British) looking at their desire to serve, to do one’s duty, loyalty to the system and comrades, the courage and fears, the day to day life and motivation.
· “The Big Headlines You Go One Vacation to Escape” by Dan Raviv, a former CBS Correspondent and World Affairs Lecturer who explored the global issues brewing around the world with a focus on how the United States and other Western countries are responding.
· “Coral Reefs” by Dr Jay Christofferson, talking about the unique environments around the world and why they differ.
· The Oscars are being broadcast live in the Hollywood Theater, and also are available on our stateroom entertainment system.
· Other activities include Fitness Classes, Needlepoint and Knitting Classes/Group, Team Trivia, Movie Making Classes, Computer Classes, Bingo, Mah Jongg, Bridge and on and on. Too many to list.
Tonight is black tie optional night, with clothing ranging from tuxes, suits, sport coats, to casual slacks and shirts for men. Women wore anything from long gowns, cocktail dresses, to capris. Dinner was in the Waterside for us. As usual it was outstanding, Julie enjoying her favorite, Lobster.
We stopped briefly at the Captain’s Welcome Party, but then decided to go out on deck to enjoy the warm evening. It is getting steadily warmer as we go north toward the equator.
The Main Show tonight was Tim Campbell, an Australian entertainer. He is a vocalist, performs on stage in Wicked, Rent, and Shout!. He is also is an actor featured in leading roles on Australian network dramas and host of game shows. On top of that, he also tours with a band. The show was a rock-n-roll show. He is an energetic entertainer, and gets the audience involved in the show – singing, clapping, etc. Great show.
Today we walked 5.96 miles, and 14,503 steps.